LET'S CHAT ABOUT DEATH
Tuesday evenings starting February 28
(with Eileen Spillane)
A practical and spiritual approach to befriending death and dying.
This course provides an opportunity to investigate what’s important in our life and make changes that reflect that.
We'll bring curiosity as we explore and get intimate with our relationship around death and dying. We’re also going to get practical with the logistics, because at the end of the day, clear communication is the greatest gift we can leave our loved ones.
The course consists of six classes, in which all participants meet with Eileen on zoom, receive materials and assignments to digest and complete on your own.
You will meet a small buddy group in between the large group sessions for deeper discussions and to help hold each other accountable to getting your work done.
- 6 Sessions (90 minutes each) WITH EILEEN & ALL PARTICIPANTS
- online with instructive talks, dynamic discussion, guided meditations, reflections and small breakout sessions
- 2-3 HOURS for home assignments ON YOUR OWN (movie/reading/writing/conversations)
- 6 HOURLY SESSIONS WITH YOUR SMALL GROUP OR BUDDY (at a time that works for you all)
Course topics include:
- Relationship with death and dying
- Working with change, aging, sickness and death
- Preparing for our own death (physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and practically)
- Preparing for loved one's death & difficult conversations
- Bearing witness and being with the dying
- Grief & embracing Life
We will be meeting on zoom and I'll send a link when we get closer to our first session.
I would like you to purchase this book:
Advice for Future Corpses (and Those Who Love Them)
by Sallie Tisdale
Click here to easily find and support a local bookstore in your area.
TO SECURE YOUR SPOT
Make a payment AND complete the registration form.
You may make a payment via Venmo
* Please include your name and 'DD Winter Course' in the subject line.
* Please contact me if you would like to pay by check, ZELLE or credit card.
* There is no set course fee. This allows participants to pay according to individual means, and is available to everyone regardless of their financial situation. Participants often ask for guidance on payment. The average offering is $300; by offering more you can support others with fewer resources. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Your generosity is appreciated.
Please complete the registration form with time preferences for the buddy or small group.
Please take a moment to solidify your commitment and put these dates in your calendar.
Six alternate Tuesday evenings 5:00 - 6:30 PM, PST. (Convert to your time zone here)
5pm - 6:30 PM, PST
(8:00 - 9:30 PM, EST)